[tbb-dev] Cookie protection does nothing

Michael Schloh von Bennewitz tordevmuc at encambio.com
Mon Nov 3 19:36:38 UTC 2014

Hello Karel,

On Sun., Nov. 02, 2014, Karel Bílek wrote:
>On 11/2/14, intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org> wrote:
>> Karel Bílek wrote (02 Nov 2014 10:59:33 GMT) :
>>> Cookies are never saved, every time I click on "new identity" I am
>>> with a clean slate, the table in "cookie protections" is always empty
>>> no matter what I do.
>>
>> Looks like https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10353 to me.
>>
>I will be adding more bugs there if I find one (as I have already had
>- https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13636 )

Good bug report, thanks. If you're interested in wading into cookie
stuff you might want to search the tracker as there are already a
few.

Going from memory here, since I have limited connectivity while
travelling. But if you want to explore the disappearing cookie trick
then set and unset private browsing mode during your tests. In TBB
you need to drill down into the ESR config with 'about:config' to
do that. It might be related to the bug that intrigeri (thanks for
the tip!) mentioned.

Cheers,
Michael