[tbb-dev] Current thoughts on tb-manual presentation

Matt Pagan matt at pagan.io
Wed May 28 03:48:50 UTC 2014

Roger Dingledine:
> On Wed, May 28, 2014 at 02:47:34AM +0000, Matt Pagan wrote:
>> 2) The same as 1) but ship evince with Tor Browser and onClick, open a
>> pdf file with something like an `evince tb-manual.pdf` command.
>
> Doesn't TBB come with an in-tab javascript pdf reader these days?
>
> --Roger

I think it would be quite helpful for users if it were still possible to
read the Tor Browser manual in the event that Tor or Tor Browser fails
prior to the point where users have a tab open.

Maybe there is a way to utilize PDF.js to read the manual before (or
regardless of whether or not) Tor bootstraps. That would be way cool!

Also I thought of what my question marks on 3) should be. It would not
be so cool if it were reasonably possible for tor-launcher to fail such
that Tor Browser users could not access/read the manual that is supposed
to help them.

--
Matt Pagan
PGP: 0xE9284418E360583C