[tbb-dev] PoC of using Mallard for the Tor Browser User Manual

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Wed Mar 12 16:34:37 UTC 2014

Mark Smith:
> On 3/11/14 2:51 PM, Lunar wrote:
> >Hi!
> >
> >On #11124 [1], you will find a proof-of-concept of using Mallard [2]
> >to create the future Tor Browser User Manual.
> >
> >I really like it. It would be great to have an opinion of the TBB team.
> >
> >  [1]: https://bugs.torproject.org/11124
> >  [2]: http://projectmallard.org/
>
> I don't have a lot of experience with help text generation systems
> but this looks OK.  Navigation worries me a little; we want to make
> sure people don't get lost within the manual.  Does Mallard provide
> any built-in navigation or do you need to include references back to
> the index page (or similar) in each page?

Mallard is meant to be quite flexible in that regard. See the spec
section about automatic linking:
http://projectmallard.org/1.0/mal_links

Browsing the Mallard website itself should give you an overview of
what's possible. I haven't played much with that aspect yet, but it
looked powerful enough.

--
Lunar                                             <lunar at torproject.org>