[tbb-dev] How much the Tor Browser is still a Bundle?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Mar 11 18:46:59 UTC 2014

intrigeri:
> Hi,
>
> Mark Smith wrote (11 Mar 2014 17:23:58 GMT) :
> > OK by me.  My only suggestion is to consider changing the last one to:
>
> >   "Please wait while a connection to the Tor network is established."
>
> Just my 2cts: most technical documentation style guides I've read
> recommend to avoid the passive voice.

Suggestions then? If you've read a large number of style guides, your
direct input would be even more valuable than negative feedback by
itself.

"Please wait while we establish a connection to the Tor network."?

Is "we" too unclear to be an active subject? That was my initial
estimation, but maybe it is still better than passive.

"Please wait while Tor establishes a network connection" is another
option.

Are either of these acceptable? If not, do you have another suggestion?

--
Mike Perry