[tbb-dev] Ubuntu 14.04, LXC, and TBB builds

Mark Smith mcs at pearlcrescent.com
Tue Jun 10 13:10:48 UTC 2014

Has anyone succeeded in building TBB on an Ubuntu 14.04 system using
LXC?  It seems like gbuild is not working correctly.  But before I did
deeper, I thought I would ask here in case someone else has already
solved the problem I encountered.

What I see if that commands such as the following (from gbuild) do not
receive the input from stdin, so they hang waiting for input:

   system! "on-target setarch #{@arches[arch]} bash <
target-bin/init-build.sh"

Maybe lxc-start has been changed to re-attach stdin somewhere else?  I
don't know.

--
Mark Smith
Pearl Crescent, LLC