[tbb-dev] [tor-dev] Tor Browser Weekly IRC meetings at 19:00 UTC Wednesdays

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Wed Feb 26 03:09:39 UTC 2014

Preemptively because I won't be at the meeting,

> 1. What have you been working on last week that other TBB people should
> be aware of?

I made bundles with tor-fw-helper and flash proxy. They worked for some
users, but there are questions about port forwardings potentially
lasting forever and about the safety of the UPnP and NAT-PMP libraries
used by tor-fw-helper. I think the idea is stalled and I'm not planning
to do anything more on it unless someone thinks of a different angle.

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5213#comment:13
https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/5213#comment:15

I made and revised a patch to give pluggable transport binaries access
to the OpenSSL DLLs on Windows. Pluggable transports are in a
subdirectory so they don't automatically have the same DLLs that tor.exe
does. The effect was that programs using M2Crypto (an OpenSSL wrapper)
for certificate pinning failed to run, causing a fallback to the less
robust flashproxy-reg-http program. I only noticed this bug a couple of
weeks ago.

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/10845#comment:5

> 3. Do you need anything else from anyone else to help you make progress
> or to get something reviewed+merged? If so, what do you need?

I think FTE packaging (as in, the changes to Gitian descriptors) should
have a look by someone else and be merged. Kevin and I checked that we
matched each other's builds but I didn't look at it further than that.

David Fifield