[tbb-dev] missing meeting on Monday

Arthur D. Edelstein arthuredelstein at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 07:40:51 UTC 2014

Hi All,

I'll be missing the tbb-dev IRC meeting on Monday because of travel,
so I'll just post what I've been working on here:

i. I posted a revised patch for #13671 ("Circuit display is broken if
bridges are being used") [1]. I wanted to improve error handling in
this patch, so I switched some API calls in tor-control-port.js from
traditional async callbacks to Promise-based async. Then I enhanced
tor-circuit-display.js to use the Firefox module Task.jsm [2], which
turns out to be a very pleasant way to write simple async JS code.

ii. I worked a bit more on #13749 ("Write tests for
network.thirdparty.isolate") [3], but this still needs some polishing.
I'll try to work on it this week as time allows.

Arthur

[1] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13671
[2] https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Mozilla/JavaScript_code_modules/Task.jsm
[3] https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/13749