[tbb-bugs] #12620 [Tor Browser]: Rebase TBB patches to Firefox 31 and add unit tests
Tor Bug Tracker & Wiki
blackhole at torproject.org
Wed Aug 20 06:06:34 UTC 2014
#12620: Rebase TBB patches to Firefox 31 and add unit tests
Reporter: gk | Owner: tbb-team
Type: task | Status: new
Priority: major | Milestone:
Component: Tor | Version:
Browser | Keywords: TorBrowserTeam201408D, ff31-esr,
Resolution: | tbb-rebase, tbb-firefox-patch
Actual Points: | Parent ID:
Comment (by arthuredelstein):
I've now rebased all patches in the [https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-
browser-24.7.0esr-4.x-2] branch of tor-browser.git, up to
browser.git/commit/3ef809fcfc22b0d46a52a3393cc685f44b66180e 3ef809fc], on
top of [https://gitweb.torproject.org/tor-
browser.git/shortlog/refs/heads/esr31 ESR31] branch. The resulting branch
is here: [https://github.com/arthuredelstein/tor-browser/commits/esr31
Except where noted (below), patches are in the same order in the TB-ESR24
and TB-ESR31 branches.
Patches in TB-ESR24 branch omitted in TB-ESR31 branch:
* Bug #8987: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as
* Bug #9218: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as [https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-
central/rev/0086975029c3 Bug 962314].
* Bug #9829.2: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as [https://hg.mozilla.org
/mozilla-central/rev/93638833b1af Bug 931053].
* Bug #9829.3: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as [https://hg.mozilla.org
/mozilla-central/rev/afa169bd8be9 Bug 932127].
* Bug #9829.5: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as [https://hg.mozilla.org
/mozilla-central/rev/7a079294517b Bug 931043].
* Bug #9830: Already in Mozilla ESR31 as [https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-
central/rev/02d4ae55e1c3 Bug 763070], [https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-
central/rev/43516c3e17fb Bug 880836], [https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-
central/rev/1651ea86cb00 Bug 887828], [https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-
central/rev/7b86302ab2b3 Bug 887821].
* Bug #9308: Obsolete in ESR31; not included.
Here are my notes and questions when porting to ESR31:
* Bug #2874: New version of this patch due to a previous regression
* Bug #2875: Are there new Media Queries we should block?
* Bug #2872: Comments say "XXX: Fallback is bad" and there are several
other XXX items.
* Bug #5715: Comment says "// XXX: Bloody hack until we get this notifier
in FF14.0". It looks like this patch needs revision.
* Bug #5741: I'm not sure whether or not to add the extra lines in
* Bug #4755: I rewrote this patch -- needs to be tested carefully.
* Bug #6253: When porting this bug, I changed returned placeholder canvas
data from all-white to all-black, because I found retaining the all-white
very difficult given the new Mozilla code structure, while all-black is
very simple. Also applied recent fixups from Isis.
* Bug #6539: A lot of porting work. Needs careful inspection.
* Bug #5282: FIXME comment in nsHttpConnectionMgr.cpp. A couple of minor
anomalies whimage/src/imgLoader.hen rebasing -- needs to be tested.* Bug
#10159: Some of this patch already landed upstream. JarMaker.py and
js/src/config/expandlibs_exec.py seem to have disappeared. Applied the
* Bug #10139: Fixed upstream, though js/src/config/rules.mk has vanished.
I fixed analogous ENABLE_STRIP references in ./nsprpub/config/rules.mk. Is
this the right thing to do?
* Bug #10252: I'm a little unsure if I did this correctly -- needs to be
tested on all platforms.
* Bug #9701: Should we attach this to a pref?
* Bug #10819: I took parts of this patch and used them to fixup #6539 and
#6564. What remains is the definition of the pref itself and some changes
to ThirdPartyUtils. I also moved #10819 to upstream of #6539 and #6564.
* Bug #10895: I made the analogous change in browser/config/version.txt
from "31.0esrpre" to "31.0". Is this needed? Not sure how to test.
So I think the next step should be to manually test each patch on the new
ESR31-based branch, and add unit tests wherever possible. Any comments or
fixups to patches on the [https://github.com/arthuredelstein/tor-
browser/commits/esr31-port-untested esr31-ported-untested] branch will be
very welcome at this stage.
Ticket URL: <https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/ticket/12620#comment:13>
Tor Bug Tracker & Wiki <https://trac.torproject.org/>
The Tor Project: anonymity online
More information about the tbb-bugs