[ooni-talk] New OONI Community Interview with Tawanda Mugari, Digital Society of Africa

Elizaveta Yachmeneva elizaveta at openobservatory.org
Wed Jun 26 15:10:21 UTC 2024

Hi everyone!

I am pleased to share that we published a new community interview with Tawanda Mugari, Co-Founder and Geek in Chief of the Digital Society of Africa (DSA) <https://digitalsociety.africa/>.

DSA is our amazing partner <https://ooni.org/partners/digital-society-of-africa/> who works in six Southern African countries: Zimbabwe, Zambia, Malawi, Mozambique, Eswatini and South Africa. DSA works to strengthen the resilience and abilities of frontline activists, human rights defenders and other at-risk groups in the region to independently recognise and respond to digital threats and attacks.

In the interview, Tawanda shares both organisational and personal experiences of preparing to and responding to internet shutdowns in multiple Southern African countries.

Watch the full interview here: https://youtu.be/upCtt49WFiQ

This interview is part of our “OONI Community Interviews” series, through which we highlight the important work of OONI community members, you can find more interviews on our YouTube channel <https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1sH9kYR-16nlPlFT-RDBs8O0OiS2N6fJ>.

We also published a blog post to share the interview and information about DSA's work:
https://ooni.org/post/2024-interview-with-tawanda-mugari/

Warmly,

Elizaveta