[ooni-talk] New OONI Explorer User Guide

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Wed Mar 15 15:12:19 UTC 2023

Hello,

Today we are excited to share that we published a new *user guide for OONI
Explorer*: https://ooni.org/support/ooni-explorer/

OONI Explorer (https://explorer.ooni.org/) is the world's largest open
dataset on Internet censorship, with new measurements published in near
real-time.

This user guide provides *step-by-step instructions* (with screenshots) on
how to use OONI Explorer to investigate internet censorship worldwide.

*# What you will get from this guide*

Learn how to use OONI Explorer to:

* Discover *blocked websites and apps* around the world

* Access *measurement data* that can serve as evidence of internet
censorship

* Generate *charts* based on aggregate views of OONI data

* *Compare censorship* across countries and networks

* Filter measurements based on various parameters (such as country, ASN,
date range, OONI Probe test, websites categories, domains, etc.)

Upon reading this guide, we hope you will feel empowered to investigate
internet censorship through the use of OONI Explorer.

We thank all OONI Probe (https://ooni.org/install/) users worldwide who
have contributed – and continue to contribute – measurements, shedding
light on internet censorship.

If you have any questions or feedback, please let us know.

Thanks,

Maria (on behalf of the OONI team).