[ooni-talk] OONI Explorer localization

Elizaveta Yachmeneva elizaveta at openobservatory.org
Mon Jun 26 10:16:09 UTC 2023

Hi folks!

We are happy to announce that thanks to Localization Lab and our community members, OONI Explorer and MAT are now available in 8 languages:

Chinese: https://explorer.ooni.org/zh-cn <https://explorer.ooni.org/zh-cn>
Farsi: https://explorer.ooni.org/fa <https://explorer.ooni.org/fa>
French: https://explorer.ooni.org/fr <https://explorer.ooni.org/fr>
German: https://explorer.ooni.org/de <https://explorer.ooni.org/de>
Russian: https://explorer.ooni.org/ru <https://explorer.ooni.org/ru>
Spanish: https://explorer.ooni.org/es <https://explorer.ooni.org/es>
Thai: https://explorer.ooni.org/th <https://explorer.ooni.org/th>
Turkish: https://explorer.ooni.org/tr <https://explorer.ooni.org/tr>

We hope that this update will allow more people to have access to OONI data and give local communities an opportunity to independently investigate internet censorship.

Please encourage your partners and colleagues to use localized versions of the tools and let us know if you see any typos or inconsistencies, or if you want to help us translate it into some more languages!

Best wishes,
 ~OONI Team