[ooni-talk] New online OONI training course launched by Advocacy Assembly

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Mon Oct 3 11:31:28 UTC 2022

Hello friends,

We are excited to share that a *free, online OONI training course*
(“Measuring Internet Censorship with OONI tools”) has been launched on
Small Media’s Advocacy Assembly platform!

The OONI course is available in:

* English: https://advocacyassembly.org/en/courses/63/#/chapter/1/lesson/1
* Farsi: https://advocacyassembly.org/fa/courses/63/#/chapter/1/lesson/1
* Arabic: https://advocacyassembly.org/ar/courses/63/#/chapter/1/lesson/1
* Spanish: https://advocacyassembly.org/es/courses/63/#/chapter/1/lesson/1

Through the above links, you can sign up with Advocacy Assembly and enroll
for free!

The course is estimated to take around *90 minutes*, and it includes a
variety of *videos, screencasts, slides, quizzes and hands-on exercises*.

No technical knowledge is required, as the course was designed for human
rights defenders, journalists, and researchers.

The online OONI training course covers:
* Introduction to internet censorship
* Measuring internet censorship with OONI Probe
* Understanding OONI censorship measurement data
* OONI Explorer: Accessing real-time censorship measurement data

Notably, the course also includes 2 case study videos by the amazing *Zaituni
Njovu* (Zaina Foundation) and *Felicia Anthonio* (Access Now), who discuss
measuring internet censorship in Tanzania and as part of the #KeepItOn
campaign.

Learn more about the course through our blog post:
https://ooni.org/post/2022-ooni-training-course-advocacy-assembly/

We have also tweeted about it here:
https://twitter.com/OpenObservatory/status/1576888851934892038

We thank Advocacy Assembly for providing us with this amazing opportunity
to create an OONI training course for their platform. We also thank
translators and everyone else behind the scenes who helped with the
creation of the OONI training course. <3

We hope you enroll and find the course useful!

Cheers,

Maria.