[ooni-talk] Job Opening: OONI Community Coordinator

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Fri May 13 14:28:08 UTC 2022

Hello,

I'm excited to share that we're hiring!

The OONI team (a non-profit fighting internet censorship) is looking for a
dedicated *community coordinator* to help grow and support the OONI
community around the world.

*Information about the job description, qualification requirements, and how
to apply* is available here:
https://ooni.org/post/2022-job-opening-ooni-community-coordinator/

Born in 2012, OONI builds free software (OONI Probe) that enables anyone to
detect and collect evidence of internet censorship. With more than 100k
installs, OONI Probe is run in more than 160 countries every month. To
increase transparency of internet censorship, we publish censorship
measurements as open data in near real-time. This data supports research
and advocacy efforts investigating and fighting internet censorship
worldwide.

By joining our team, you will support our partners and global community of
human rights defenders to measure and fight internet censorship.

Our community is at the heart of our work, and you will play an important
role in helping to ensure that our tools meet the needs of our community.

This is a *full-time 12-month contract position* (which may be extended),
starting ASAP.

This is a *fully remote position*. We encourage applications from anywhere
in the world!

The application deadline is *Sunday, 12th June 2022.*

Please spread the word (
https://twitter.com/OpenObservatory/status/1525110440153559040) and help us
find someone who can best serve the internet freedom community!

Thank you,

OONI team.