[ooni-talk] New release: OONI Probe Android 3.6.0

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Tue Mar 1 17:07:38 UTC 2022

Hello friends,

I hope all of you are well and safe. My deepest solidarity goes out to all
our community members in Ukraine.

I'm reaching out to share that we have released *OONI Probe Android 3.6.0*.

Please update to the latest version:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.openobservatory.ooniprobe

OONI Probe Android 3.6.0 includes:

* New *Tor Snowflake test*: https://ooni.org/nettest/tor-snowflake/

* New *DNS Check test*:
https://github.com/ooni/spec/blob/master/nettests/ts-028-dnscheck.md

* Links to OONI blog posts and research reports

* Other app improvements and bug fixes

Please note that we have *temporarily disabled the RiseupVPN test.* We aim
to re-enable it once it's improved! Apologies for the inconvenience.

Apart from measuring Tor Snowflake (which you can do with OONI Probe
Android 3.6.0), please consider running a Tor Snowflake proxy to enable
activists in Russia, Ukraine, and elsewhere to use Tor (for online privacy
and anonymity): https://snowflake.torproject.org/

Thanks,

Maria (on behalf of the OONI team).