[ooni-talk] Update to OONI Probe Mobile 3.3

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Tue Oct 5 11:10:51 UTC 2021

Hello friends,

We have *released OONI Probe Mobile 3.3*!

Please update to the latest version: https://ooni.org/install/mobile

On Android, the latest version is 3.3.1, while on iOS, it's 3.3.0.

With the latest release, we have improved the layout of the measurement
screens with the goal of improving the accessibility of information.

In particular, we have removed the menu settings that used to exist in each
test result page (to avoid nesting information too much), and we have moved
those settings (log, data, OONI Explorer link) to the main measurement
screen of each test result.

We have also included a *share button* on the top right corner of each test
result, enabling you to share each measurement directly with your contacts.

Thanks to support from *Zaina Foundation and the Localization Lab community*,
the latest version of the OONI Probe mobile app *now supports Swahili and
Dutch*! :)

As a side note: If you ran OONI Probe while Facebook services were down
yesterday, test results were marked as "anomalous". Unless you live in a
country where Facebook services are blocked anyway, you can treat
"anomalous" measurements as results of Facebook services being down (rather
than blocking).

Cheers,

OONI team.