[ooni-talk] Testing RTL support on OONI Probe Desktop

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Wed Apr 14 11:54:46 UTC 2021

Hello friends,

*Do you speak Arabic or Farsi?* If so, we'd appreciate your help!

We're adding *RTL support to the OONI Probe Desktop app*, which would
enable us to include app translations in Arabic and Farsi (among other
languages that use right to left scripts).

Here's a preview release of OONI Probe Desktop with support for RTL
languages (where you can see what the app would look like):
https://github.com/ooni/probe-desktop/releases/tag/v3.5.0-rtl.1

You can try it out on:

* *Windows:*
https://github.com/ooni/probe-desktop/releases/download/v3.5.0-rtl.1/OONI-Probe-Setup-3.5.0-dev.exe

* *macOS:*
https://github.com/ooni/probe-desktop/releases/download/v3.5.0-rtl.1/OONI-Probe-3.5.0-dev.dmg

* *Linux:*
https://github.com/ooni/probe-desktop/releases/download/v3.5.0-rtl.1/OONI-Probe-3.5.0-dev.AppImage

Once you've checked out what OONI Probe Desktop would look like with RTL
support, can you please let us know if you have any feedback for
improvements?

You can *share your feedback* either by writing to my colleague Sarath
(cc'd to this email), or by opening tickets on this repository:
https://github.com/ooni/probe/issues

Thanks so much for your time and support!

Cheers,

Maria.