[ooni-talk] Thursday discussion on internet censorship in Manipur, India

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Mon Jun 22 16:44:59 UTC 2020

Hello,

This Thursday, we're hosting an online discussion on internet censorship
in Manipur, India and its impact on womxn in the region.

* When? Thursday, 25th June 2020 at 10am UTC

* Where? OONI Slack channel: https://slack.ooni.org/ (bridged with IRC:
ircs://irc.oftc.net:6697/#ooni)

* Who? We will be joined by Chinmayi S K, OTF Information Controls
Fellow (hosted with OONI)

This will provide an opportunity to discuss Chinmayi's recently
published research report, titled "Those Unspoken Thoughts: A study of
censorship and media freedom in Manipur, India".

Summary of report:
https://ooni.org/post/2020-those-unspoken-thoughts-otf-fellow-report/

Full length report:
https://ooni.org/documents/those-unspoken-thoughts-otf-fellow.pdf

The discussion will start off with a brief summary of the key findings
(by Chinmayi), and then we will open up the floor for your questions.

Please join us! :)

Best,

Maria.

--