[ooni-talk] Public beta testing of OONI Probe mobile apps

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Mon Nov 19 14:12:29 UTC 2018

Hello,

Thanks to great feedback provided by the community, the OONI team has
been working on revamping and improving upon the OONI Probe mobile apps.

Today, we are excited to announce that we have released the public beta!

To further improve upon the apps before the stable release, we invite
you to become beta testers and to report any bugs/issues.

# Becoming a beta tester

On Android:

* Sign up to the beta:
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/org.openobservatory.ooniprobe

* Update your OONI Probe mobile app (to get the public beta) from Google
Play

On iOS:

* Tap on this link from your device and follow the instructions:
https://testflight.apple.com/join/rh3Ig7fE

# Reporting issues

Once you have installed and played around with the public beta of the
OONI Probe mobile apps, we encourage you to report any issues you encounter.

You can file tickets on the following GitHub repositories:

* OONI Probe (all platforms): https://github.com/ooni/probe/issues
* OONI Probe for Android: https://github.com/ooni/probe-android/issues
* OONI Probe for iOS: https://github.com/ooni/probe-ios/issues

Please check if the problem you are encountering has already been reported.

If you’re not a GitHub user, you can share your feedback with us by
writing an email to contact at openobservatory.org.

Your feedback and bug reporting is hugely appreciated, as it will help
us launch better apps!

Thanks a million, and happy testing!

~ The OONI team.

--