[ooni-talk] Examining internet shutdowns through public data sources

Maria Xynou maria at openobservatory.org
Tue Mar 28 16:49:03 UTC 2017

Hi,

Today we (the OONI team) released a post which explains our methodology
when examining internet blackouts through public data sources.

You can find the post here:
https://ooni.torproject.org/post/examining-internet-blackouts/

This also includes an ipython network which shows how to automatically
analyze Google traffic data with the aim of identifying internet blackouts.

We hope you find this useful!

Please contact us with any questions or suggestions you may have (while
bearing in mind that we're attending RightsCon this week and may be slow
in replies).

All the best,

~ The OONI team.

--