[ooni-dev] OONI tests of WebRTC?

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Mon Mar 20 03:20:39 UTC 2017

On Fri, Mar 10, 2017 at 12:41:11PM -0800, Will Scott wrote:
> A good start might be to validate STUN and TURN
> functionality - and there are much smaller libraries for
> both of those protocols.
>
> The other test worth having in place is seeing if a DTLS
> connection can be established - probably to a backend
> infrastructure node participating in the experiment.

I agree, STUN and TURN are probably the best place to start.

I did a cursory search to see if there are any public DTLS servers
(thinking that OONI could test connections to them), but didn't find
any. However I did find that some Internet-of-things standards (LWM2M
and oneM2M) use DTLS.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMA_LWM2M