[ooni-dev] Turbo OONI report downloader

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Thu Jun 15 13:28:34 UTC 2017

On 15/06/2017 07:38 +0200, David Fifield wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 22, 2017 at 01:58:40PM -0800, David Fifield wrote:
>> I wrote a program that uses the OONI API to download reports and keep a
>> local directory of reports up to date. It's much faster than the Wget
>> loop I used to use and it finishes quickly when there is nothing new to
>> download.
> I set up a web page for ooni-sync.
>
> https://www.bamsoftware.com/software/ooni-sync/

This is great stuff!

I think this tool is very useful and I bet many people would like to use it.

Should we also setup a github mirror for it under
github.com/thetorproject/ooni-sync?

If we do that we can maybe also publish some tags for it and make some
builds for common platforms so people can download a prebuilt version of
it (similarly to what we do with another go software proteus:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/proteus/releases).

~ Arturo