[ooni-dev] ooniprobe 2.0.0 release candidate 3 and lepidopter beta call for testing!

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Mon Sep 19 15:20:17 UTC 2016

Hello everyone!

We are happy to announce a release candidate for ooniprobe 2.0.0 and
lepidopter beta.

One of the most important new features that this new release has is a web based
graphical user interface that can be used to view the results of ooniprobe measurements,
start measurements, configure decks to run measurements daily and more.

The mode of execution of ooniprobe now has also changed to be a system service
so there is no longer the need to trigger it by means of cronjobs.

We would like your help in testing this release candidate before we start making packages
and push an update to all the lepidopter probes out there.

You can install ooniprobe by following the instructions in:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-probe/releases/tag/v2.0.0-rc.3

If you would like to try it out on a Raspberry Pi device, follow the install instructions
found here:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/lepidopter/releases/tag/v0.3.1-beta

Please report any bugs, feature requests or comments on Github at the following address:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-probe/issues/new

Happy testing!

~ The OONI team