[ooni-dev] Bugs in Lepidopter install guide

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Thu Oct 27 01:26:13 UTC 2016

I followed the instructions at https://ooni.torproject.org/install/lepidopter
and found a few errors.

It tells you how to gpg-verify the image, but not how to download the
.asc signature itself.

The xz command has a .zip filename, not .xz:
	xz --decompress --verbose --no-sparse lepidopter-alpha-armel.img.zip

It says the login credentials are lepidopter/lepidopter, but doesn't say
what to do with them. I guess there should be a hint at the bottom that
the next thing to do is go to http://lepidopter.local/

The README.md file at https://github.com/TheTorProject/lepidopter also
has a little bug, an extra "of=" in the bmaptool command:
	bmaptool copy --nobmap lepidopter-alpha-armel.img.xz of=/dev/diskX

After booting, my Raspberry Pi doesn't have a web interface (only port
22 is open).