[ooni-dev] Compressing reports?

David Fifield david at bamsoftware.com
Sat Mar 19 05:27:54 UTC 2016

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 10:21:21PM -0700, Will wrote:
> would you be okay with monthly archives of all tests, or would you want the
> archives to be separated by test type?

You need to make batched archives. I'm just thinking of compressing the
files that are already there, one-to-one. I don't think tar or zip
containing multiple files would be more useful.

Personally I could live with having multiple test types bundled, but
that's because I'm dealing with http_requests, which are huge reports,
so the extra types don't cause much additional overhead. Someone working
with smaller reports would be annoyed at having to download all the
http_requests file.