[ooni-dev] ooniprobe 1.5.1 is out!

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Fri Jun 3 11:34:54 UTC 2016

Hello Oonitarians,

We are pleased to announce a shiny new release of ooniprobe!

The major feature present in this version of ooniprobe is a new test called Web Connectivity
the tests for TCP/IP based blocking, DNS consistency and HTTP blocking all in one.

You can read more about this new test in our blog post about it here:
https://ooni.torproject.org/post/web-connectivity/

If you have installed ooniprobe with pip, you can upgrade to the latest version by simply
running:

pip intall ooniprobe --upgrade

The new debian package will also follow.

Here is the changelog summarising the changes:

v1.5.1 (Fri, 03 Jun 2016)
-------------------------
codename: The Big Wave

New features:

* Add --default-collector option to oonireport

* Implement web_connectivity test that measures for both DNS and HTTP
  censorship.

Bugfixes:

* Fix a regression bug that lead to Tor exit ip address not being included in
  reports.

Happy testing!

~ Arturo