[ooni-dev] I wish to run an OONI node

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Wed Apr 13 09:45:46 UTC 2016

Hi Virgil,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

While we currently don’t have a public release of our raspberry pi image, you can build one yourself following the instructions you find here:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/lepidopter

When ooniprobe is installed like so it will go through the global test list (https://github.com/citizenlab/test-lists/blob/master/lists/global.csv) from citizen-lab as well as the country specific one (in your case Singapore: https://github.com/citizenlab/test-lists/blob/master/lists/sg.csv).

Since the test lists have not been updated in a while if you have some local knowledge of sites that are likely to be blocked (or that are for sure blocked) it would be very useful to add them to the test list for Singapore by opening a pull requests here: https://github.com/citizenlab/test-lists.

Let us know if you have any difficulties and how we can help you further!

~ Arturo