[ooni-dev] Resuming OONI bridge_reachability tests?

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Mon Sep 21 10:25:46 UTC 2015

Hi David,

Apologies for not replying sooner more extensively.

Unfortunately the machines on which we had those probes running were shut down due to some unpaid bills and poor sysadmin management on my side.
We talked a bit about this during this Tor Measurement meeting: http://meetbot.debian.net/tor-project/2015/tor-project.2015-07-15-14.00.log.html

At the moment OONI does not have enough resources to dedicate time to making this a priority at the moment, but anybody that considers this to be a priority should absolutely hack on this!
To be clear I am not saying that we don't want to do this, it's just that we want to do so many other things (run a hackathon at the Italian Parliament, implement exploratory tools to ALL the OONI data with the help from Brennan Novak, get more stable general purpose ooni-probe in many more countries with lepidopter, setup our big data cluster in Humboldt university, etc.) and have finite resources.

Getting them running is basically a matter of having time. If somebody wants to take this up I can send them the information I sent to Jens
about setting them back again (logins, accounts, etc.), but I will need to be pinged otherwise it will slide to the bottom of my todo list.

ciao!

~ Arturo