[ooni-dev] Blocked.org.uk & ooniprobe

Daniel Ramsay daniel at dretzq.org.uk
Sun Jul 19 21:00:15 UTC 2015

Hi,

As part of our work incorporating ooniprobe into the blocked.org.uk
scheduling system, we now have a final piece of code that relays
ooniprobe results from the scheduling system back to the main OONI
collectors.  We've currently got about a million individual test results
stored, covering 7 ISPs.

I have a few questions though:

1) Is it possible to submit results to the OONI collector over
HTTP/HTTPS instead of TOR, and if so, is there a public DNS name used
for the collector?  For the volume of results we've got, it could be a
lot more bandwidth efficient and faster to run.

2) Is there a testing or staging collector that you'd like us to use
initially?  I've been testing against a collector running inside a
vagrant VM so far, but wondered if there was any pre-live testing that
could be done.

3) Is there a rate limit that you would want enforced?  The system is
able to relay probe results in real-time, but there's quite a large backlog.

Thanks,

Daniel.