[ooni-dev] Let's come up with the roadmap for the future of OONI

Simone Basso bassosimone at gmail.com
Sun Feb 15 16:51:27 UTC 2015

Arturo Filastò wrote:
> Hello Oonitarians and Divisionists,
>
> I would love to have your feedback on what you believe to be the most
> important topics for the future of OONI.
>
> I have made a list of what I believe are all possible and interesting
> tasks to perform, but we can't do them all and for sure we can't do them
> all at once.
>
> For this reason it would be very useful if you could express a vote from
> 1-5:
>
> 1: Nah, this is boring and pointless
> 2: Not really super important, I would give priority to other stuff
> 3: Useful, I would do it
> 4: This would be awesome
> 5: Epic!
>
> Feel free to also expand these topics with questions and feedback (or
> new ones). At the end of the list I will give you a table to cast your vote.

Hi Arturo,

I gave 5 to the monthly reports because I think it would be great to explain to
a broad audience how censorship is working in a country.

Since I believe that reports are so important, I have framed my answers mostly
in terms of them, hence I gave 4:

- to OONI tests for circumvention tools, because I think people would be very
interested to read about that in the reports;

- to reaching out to communities and to running measurements in 50 countries,
because doing that is functional to prepare the reports;

- to the Raspberry PIs image and to the mobile Apps because they could be two
ways to lower the barrier to installing OONI and running tests, which is again
functional to all the above.

I gave 3 to all the rest, except the international conference to which I gave 2,
because, well, "I would give priority to other stuff" :-).

Thanks,

Simone

- - -

Goal                       | Vote