[ooni-dev] OONI progress report for November 2015
art at torproject.org
Mon Dec 21 09:30:19 UTC 2015
As requested by Vasilis I am forwarding the progress report (originally posted on tor-reports: https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-reports/2015-December/000949.html) for the work we did in November on OONI to the ooni-dev mailing list as well.
# What we did in November 2015
* Released ooniprobe v1.3.2:
* Wrote documentation for the ooni-pipeline (
* Continued development on the OONI-API to interface with the collected measurement data
* Updated deployment scripts for ooni-pipeline to support changes in AWS
* Held various OONI weekly meetings
* Worked on OTF proposal
* Worked on migrating away from Greenhost infrastructure
* Setup "puppet master” (machine responsible for running the batch jobs and handling orchestration between OONI collectors) for the pipeline on GRNet infrastructure.
* Implemented regexp of strings parsing in network-meter
Fun fact: ooniprobe has now been run in 85 different countries around the world!
# Next steps
* Figuring out the ideal deployment strategy for the ooni-api in production
* Working on implementing the frontend to the ooni-api
* Writing tasks for automatic execution of the spark tasks to generate views to be used by the ooni-api
* Various devops tasks
* Reviewing the feedback on the OTF proposal and submitting it
* Coming up with design and content for OpenObservatory.org
* Make mockups of the GUI for network-meter
More information about the ooni-dev