[ooni-dev] http_requests test single responses

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Sun Aug 24 23:33:56 UTC 2014

On 8/12/14, 9:41 AM, jony-port at bitmessage.ch wrote:

>> Can you enable debug output and paste somewhere the output of it (you
>> need to edit ~/.ooni/ooniprobe.conf to set advanced->debug: true)
>
> I cannot reproduce this on my system. These reports were gathered at
> some point from different systems, most of them are on the main reports
> archive (https://ooni.torproject.org/reports/0.1/).
>
> In any case, I guess it would be better to check that the headers exist
> before calling getDiff
> (https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/blob/HEAD:/ooni/nettests/blocking/http_requests.py#l94)

I deployed a fix that is now part of ooniprobe 1.1.0 in this commit:
https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-probe/commit/dc7cc8fea556ed9391147defb7624110ab48133d

This makes exception handling in the HTTP request template more robust.

Also here there are some improvements to the http_requests test that
could also address the root of this issue:

https://github.com/TheTorProject/ooni-probe/commit/981329235f9b8e8629d993e63e1215dd94e4e0d7.

This is also part of 1.1.0.

I believe this should fix the problem.

What I suggest is that when you parse the reports if you only see one
request/response pair you should consider the other one to have failed.
If the test was on the experiment you should consider this a possible
sign of censorship.

~ Art.