[ooni-dev] An Update and The Remaining "M-Lab" Tickets

Taylor Hornby taylor at leastauthority.com
Wed Aug 20 16:45:35 UTC 2014

Hi M-Lab and Ooni,

It looks like Least Authority's work on Ooni and M-Lab integration is
nearing completion. In the past weeks, the M-Lab engineers have worked
very quickly to get the necessary changes to mlab-ns and the Nagios
pipeline done. I'm personally really excited to see the first test
deployment against the real mlab-ns!

As we were working through our milestones, we sought to avoid blocking,
so we stepped over a few small tasks that would involve waiting on
M-Lab. These are all tagged with the "M-Lab" label in the issue tracker:

https://github.com/m-lab-tools/ooni-support/issues?q=is%3Aopen+is%3Aissue+label%3AM-Lab

Someone from M-Lab (and possibly Ooni) should take a look over them
before any serious deployment begins.

The most significant outstanding issue is deciding where the Ooni
Bouncer is going to be hosted: On an M-Lab sliver, or by The Tor
Project? We designed the mlab-ns integration to be compatible with
either option.

https://github.com/m-lab-tools/ooni-support/issues/7
https://github.com/m-lab-tools/ooni-support/issues/9

So that's that! I'll be around until the end of the month to answer any
questions about our work, and to help with the Nagios integration if needed.

--
Taylor Hornby