[ooni-dev] Ooni / M-Lab integration.

Taylor Hornby taylor at leastauthority.com
Tue Aug 5 18:08:14 UTC 2014

Given the progress on the other work, I think that we are ready to move
forward on developing this plugin. What is the best way for us to work
together to get this done? In the interest of complete disclosure, I
have absolutely no experience writing nagios plugins, but I am happy to
learn!

Does the plugin run on the slice or on the Nagios server? If it runs on the
slice, then it's just a matter of modifying getconfig.py's output (in our
ooni-support fork) to (1) have its output in the correct format and (2)
test that the ports are accepting connections. If the plugin runs on the
Nagios server, then we need a way to run the script on the slice, and the
plugin should just be "run some arbitrary command on the slice", where, for
Ooni, that command will be getconfig.py.

On Mon, Aug 4, 2014 at 7:55 PM, Will Hawkins <hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org