[ooni-dev] OONI status report July 2014

Arturo Filastò art at torproject.org
Tue Aug 5 10:35:33 UTC 2014

# July

This is what the OONI team was up to during the month of July.

* Attended Tor dev meeting in Paris where we discussed about the bridge
reachability project and the notion of an OONI consortium.

* Define roadmap for the bridge reachability measurement project:

* Fixed bug when a deck was missing some argument of a test
https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/commit/a9a24464b4b61800fe5787497db9f5ca11ce4855

* Improved error handling of oonibclient
https://gitweb.torproject.org/ooni-probe.git/commit/d4cfecb34c146faf07c87268abcd202e693257b8

* Published the bridge reachability results collected from CN, RU and US
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/ooni-dev/2014-July/000118.html

* Discussed with Choke point project some possible areas of collaboration:
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/ooni-talk/2014-July/000003.html

* Agreed to have weekly meetings on IRC #ooni every Friday at 5 PM CET.

# August

This month we plan to work on the following activities:

* Specify the bridge reachability test:

* Make ansible deployment script for bridge reachability probes on
debian stable:

* `daemonize` API breakage when upgrading from Twisted <= 13.1 to >= 13.2:

* Probe Report should not leak the full PATH.

* Have a list of all the the published reports so far

* Add versioning information about the maxmind database being used

* Design a test deck for Iran

* "Failed to open reporter" might mean "the collector refused my report":

~ Art.