[ooni-dev] Tinkering with M-Lab servers.

Will Hawkins hawkinsw at opentechinstitute.org
Wed Apr 30 19:07:40 UTC 2014

On 04/30/2014 03:00 PM, Nathan Wilcox wrote:
> Hey Oonitarians,
>
> We wanted to start checking out the deployment process in earnest for
> Ooni.  We already should have ssh access to the test slices, such as
> mlab1.nuq0t.measurement-lab.org.
>
> Does anyone mind if we log in and tinker with that slice over the next
> couple of weeks?  We're planning on running through the process
> (probably by using ooni-support [1] ) in a few hours unless someone
> raises an alarm.

This *sounds* fine to me, but I am going to let Jordan respond with the
official pronouncement. :-)

> Speaking of which, does either M-Lab or Ooni have any kind of
> operations ticketing system where we should track this kind of stuff,
> or shall we just stick to email for now?

We do have an internal MLab ticket tracking system, but I think that
using email is probably the safest bet in the near-term. I don't think
that we are set up to easily add users to that system for this type of
collaboration. Again, though, I'll let Jordan say for sure!

Will