[ooni-dev] Blockpage Detection

Ben Jones bjones99 at gatech.edu
Mon Nov 25 15:23:14 UTC 2013

Hello,

I am a PhD student at Georgia Tech and I am collaborating with
researchers at Stony Brook University to find an effective means of
detecting block pages. We have access to a very robust set of both real
pages and blocked pages (~2.4 million pages) which we are using to
evaluate block page detection metrics.

We already have two measures to detect block pages and would like to
evaluate your DOM similarity measure alongside our own metrics. Since we
are planning on publishing our results, may we include your DOM
similarity measure in our evaluation? Also, I would like to look more
into this similarity measure, is there a paper that I can read?

Thanks,
Ben Jones