[ooni-dev] Threat Model overview

Nathan Wilcox nathan at leastauthority.com
Thu Jul 4 22:12:16 UTC 2013

Greetings Oonitarians,

We Least Authoritarians have been fleshing out the Threat Model a bit,
and I suggested previously that we could give an presentation next
week.  There are two knobs and a switch we can collectively turn and
flip, according to our groupmind's desires:

Presentation Depth Knob - If we give a detailed presentation, it might
involve a fair amount of time, perhaps 45 minutes, or perhaps 90
minutes.  We could also give a more brief (say 15-20 minutes) overview
of the structure and process, and then individuals can examine the
details on their own.

The Meeting Switch: Weekly/Separate - Flipping this one way will
result in a presentation being delivered at a Weekly Meeting.
Flipping it the other will result in me or Tom arranging a separate
meeting.  Consider how this interacts with the knob above.

Early/Often or Later/Polished Knob - There are still currently
incomplete areas, so we could either present early (such as on
Monday's weekly meeting) with less completeness, or later in the week
with more completeness.

Clever consumers can crack open the case and completely bypass the
knobs and switches to hack something else together, such as splitting
our presentation into separate bite-sized chunks delivered in the
weekly meeting.

My personal preference is to turn presentation depth up, turn towards
Later (towards the end of the week), and to flip the "Meeting" switch
to "outside of the weekly meeting".  We are flexible though and can
roll any which way.

--
Nathan Wilcox
Least Authoritarian

GPG id: CBA48BDD
GPG fingerprint: 9309 EB72 87D4 192F 0D7E  0F16 1191 AF31 CBA4 8BDD