[ooni-dev] M-Lab docs
meredithrachel at google.com
Fri Aug 30 20:50:38 UTC 2013
As an action from today's call, here's a collection of most pertinent M-lab
docs. If you're looking for something that doesn't seem to be here, or if
you have questions, don't hesitate to ask Stephen and me.
- Platform architecture
The intended audience is hosting partners (who donate
- Policies and procedures for
new experiments. Note that I wrote this, and that it may not be specific
enough, but I can answer any questions. Note that OONI has been approved as
meeting these criteria per the Steering Committee process.
- Server map <http://measurementlab.net/mlab_sites>. Get a look at the
global M-Lab footprint.
- List of existing
tools. Code repos and documentation for individual tools should be
linked from here. If they're not, let me know and I'll add this.
- Access existing M-Lab data <http://measurementlab.net/data>, tarballs
- Blog post describing the process to visualize data using
a good introduction both to the tool and the data structure. If you'd like
whitelisted access to M-Lab data on BigQuery, let me know and I'll make
- Founding document<http://measurementlab.net/sites/default/files/mlab_intro_and_server_requirements.pdf>,
which will give you background on M-Lab's founding motivations. Many of
the facts quoted here have changed (e.g. number of servers), but as history
this is instructive.
- Existing visualizations <http://measurementlab.net/visualization>,
which are fun and may be instructive.
Program Manager, Google Research
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the ooni-dev