[TWN team] typo correction/FBI story

dope457 dope457 at riseup.net
Sun Sep 15 14:05:00 UTC 2013

On 09/15/2013 01:54 PM, harmony wrote:
> Is it kosher to correct a really irritating typo when quoting someone?
> I'm not talking about rewording their statement, but for example Paul
> Syverson wrote 'pontential' in his cool little anecdote this week, and
> there have been other instances when it would be nice to fix minor errors...
I think it is cool to correct it in the case of pontential (I didn't
notice it at first) and other similar cases.

> Also, in the absence of many comments from the community, we could
> probably write something about the FBI takedown now. My only remark is
> that for all the 'Tor Hacked!!!' hat-clutching, Tor and its Hidden
> Service protocol was pretty much the only piece of software that emerged
> intact from this affair, unlike Firefox/Windows/whichever webserver it
> was, etc.
>
> So any item we write should probably concentrate on how great Tor is (in
> keeping with the newsletter's theme) and emphasize the above point, and
> not bother too much with the details of the FBI operation, which beyond
> the superficial appearance of Tor involvement, was kind of routine.
Well, it is only possible item so without comments we don't have to
cover it at all, but if you would like to write something, feel free to
do it. Maybe some related information will come up in next few days.

Keep up the good work,
dope457