[TWN team] typo correction/FBI story

harmony harmony01 at riseup.net
Sun Sep 15 11:54:03 UTC 2013

Is it kosher to correct a really irritating typo when quoting someone?
I'm not talking about rewording their statement, but for example Paul
Syverson wrote 'pontential' in his cool little anecdote this week, and
there have been other instances when it would be nice to fix minor errors...

*

Also, in the absence of many comments from the community, we could
probably write something about the FBI takedown now. My only remark is
that for all the 'Tor Hacked!!!' hat-clutching, Tor and its Hidden
Service protocol was pretty much the only piece of software that emerged
intact from this affair, unlike Firefox/Windows/whichever webserver it
was, etc.

So any item we write should probably concentrate on how great Tor is (in
keeping with the newsletter's theme) and emphasize the above point, and
not bother too much with the details of the FBI operation, which beyond
the superficial appearance of Tor involvement, was kind of routine.