[TWN team] Tor Weekly News: Help Desk Roundup

Nima nima at redteam.io
Tue Sep 3 10:40:16 UTC 2013

Matt Pagan:
> In August, I created a section in Tor Weekly News called "Help
> Desk Roundup" where I summarized some of our help request tickets. I
> think all support-team people should feel encouraged to submit
> summaries of popular or interesting help requests to this section of
> Tor Weekly News. I don't think support issues will be well
> represented if I'm the only one reporting them.
>
> Tor Weekly News has some advantages over IRC and tor-reports when it
> comes to bringing attention to help desk issues. TWN is widely
> read, so more people will find out about user issues. TWN is also
> weekly, so support issues can be communicated more frequently here.
> Non-urgent support issues that popped up at the beginning of the month
> don't have to wait until the next monthly report to get attention.
>
> When submitting to Tor Weekly News, please keep descriptions concise.
> Don't just mention the quesiton asked; also describe how you resolved
> the issue. The deadline for TWN submissions is every Tuesday at noon,
> UTC.
>
> I've CCed the news-team on this in case they want to give additional
> sugestions. Thanks for making Tor better.
>
> Peace,
> Matt Pagan

Hi Matt,

Sweet! One of the things I can suggest we add to this TWN is the
unusual, sudden raise of requests with the exact subject of "Orbot:
Proxy with Tor" among Iranian users.

And also to use the chance to do this announcement again that all the
TBBs bundled with Tor 2.4.x work in Iran.

and that Iranian users can always follow related official news in
https://fa-blog.torproject.org

Thank you for good job everyone.

All the bests,
--
Nima
0XC009DB191C92A77B

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right
to say it" --Evelyn Beatrice Hall