[TWN team] Recent changes to the wiki pages

Lunar lunar at torproject.org
Sun Dec 15 20:24:33 UTC 2013

Lunar:
> harmony:
> > Lunar:
> > > ===========================================================================
> > > === https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/TorWeeklyNews/2013/24 ===
> > > ===========================================================================
> > >
> > > version 13
> > > Author: harmony
> > > Date:   2013-12-12T22:50:20+00:00
> >

> > At the risk of being stripped of all contributorial rights, can someone
> > explain the basic difference between big-T and little-t Tor? I thought I
> > understood it but it turns out I don't.
>
> I'm not sure we are all consistent throughout the project, but, my own
> take is:
>
>  * The Tor Project, Inc.
>  * The Tor network
>  * The tor daemon
>
> At least, several folks refer to the tor daemon (the piece of C code) as
> “little-t tor”.

Some clarifications from Roger:

<armadev> tor is a socks proxy that people run
<armadev> Tor is a project to save the world
 <Lunar^> armadev: your announcement used Tor with capital T, which is
          the source of harmony's confusion AFAIK
<armadev> yeah, hm. i think it's fine to capitalize Tor the program
<armadev> it's just that when you're actually running it, you
<armadev> so the closer you are to talking about running a program, the
          more likely you don't capitalize it
 <Lunar^> armadev: ok, thanks for the clarification… not an easy rule to
          follow though
<armadev> yep
<armadev> maybe it is easier to think that the Tor 0.2.4.19 release
          includes several programs, like tor, tor-resolve, etc

--
Lunar