[network-health] New Relay although stats show data for one year

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Mon Jan 15 12:36:51 UTC 2024

Hello!

Stephan:
> Hi tor-team,
>
> I just noticed that my relay
> (https://metrics.torproject.org/rs.html#details/B0AD9C3F75C994CEEB9CFC1BD6985F6DC82753B1)
> is marked as "newer than 2 weeks" although the graphs show data since
> 2023-03 and I have not generated a new fingerprint actively.
> The fingerprint file on the server also did not change (created at
> 2023-03-06).
>
> There are more inconsistencies:
>
> First Seen
>     2024-01-10 16:00:00 (1 day 7 minute and 56 seconds)
> Last Restarted
>     2024-01-06 04:02:43
>
> Do you have an idea how this might be?

We have issues on our infrastructure right now and what you see is one
symptom of that. However, it's not exactly clear how that first_seen
issue is happening. In same cases this got resolved auto-magically and
in some not. The general issue for tracking this problem right now is

https://gitlab.torproject.org/tpo/network-health/metrics/collector/-/issues/40038

in case you want to follow along.

> I also noticed that the server restarted itself after > 170 days, but
> this might be a problem on my side.

Likely, yes.

Georg