[network-health] Your Tor bridge is running an obsolete version

Philipp Winter phw at torproject.org
Sat Mar 14 15:38:32 UTC 2020

Hi there,

You seem to be running the following Tor bridge, which is great:

  CF0F4AC06C512262D7F44B18B06C5F51A79F3239

But that Tor version (0.2.9.16) is obsolete, and because of old bugs,
we will soon cut bridges running those versions out of the network.
Please consider upgrading!

You can find Tor packages and instructions for your distro / OS here:
<https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/bridge/>

Ideally you will switch to keeping up with our stable releases, but if
you need a stable that is especially stable, the Tor 0.3.5 branch will
be maintained until Feb 2022:
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases#Current>
and you can see the lifetimes of other Tor versions on that table too.

Let us know if we can do anything to make the process easier.

And lastly, I am copying the new network health mailing list (which has
public archives), to help us stay synced:
<https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkHealthTeam>

Thanks,
Philipp