[network-health] Another List for Mass Emails

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Wed Feb 26 07:28:22 UTC 2020

teor:
> Hi Georg,
>
> I'm subscribed to this list so that I can read about network health,
> and help out where possible.
>
> I don't want to get mass relay operator emails, and I don't have an
> easy way of filtering them out on all my devices.
>
> Can you please create another list for mass relay operator emails?
>
> Then people who want to help send and respond to them can join
> that list.

Thanks. This seems to reflect a sentiment that Richard brought up
earlier on this list when replying to one of my upgrade reminders.

Sending those emails is part of an experiment to figure out how much we
get back from operators or whether sending emails as a reminder has any
measurable effect anyway. It's not meant to be the default thing we
start doing from now on on the network-health list. Maybe we resort to
some kind of emailing people next time, maybe not, maybe only partially
and more focused. I am not sure yet.

Anyway, it seems that reaching out to operators and trying get folks
subscribed to this mailing list to help if needed is interrupting some
workflows, which is unfortunate. I don't think it makes sense at this
point to create yet another mailing list as sending those emails is an
experiment right now, as I said. So, I won't do that. On the other hand
it seems I can't expect folks to deal with those mails properly, so I
will stop sending them to the list and deal with follow-up questions myself.

Georg