[network-health] Please upgrade your "BostonUCompSci" Tor relay running 0.2.9.17

Georg Koppen gk at torproject.org
Tue Feb 25 12:35:52 UTC 2020

Hi,

You are running a Tor relay, which is great:

http://rougmnvswfsmd4dq.onion/rs.html#search/94C4B7B8C50C86A92B6A20107539EE2678CF9A28

But that Tor version is obsolete, and because of old bugs, we will soon
cut relays running those versions out of the network. Please consider
upgrading!

You can find Tor packages and instructions for your distro / OS here:
https://community.torproject.org/relay/setup/guard/

Ideally you will switch to keeping up with our stable releases, but if
you need a stable that is especially stable, the Tor 0.3.5 branch will
be maintained until Feb 2022:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkTeam/CoreTorReleases#Current

and you can see the lifetimes of other Tor versions on that table too.

Let us know if we can do anything to make the process easier.

And lastly, I am cc'ing the new network health mailing list (which
has public archives), to help us stay synced:

https://trac.torproject.org/projects/tor/wiki/org/teams/NetworkHealthTeam

Thanks!
Georg