[network-health] Changes on the Tor Network - #31549

gus gus at torproject.org
Mon Sep 30 18:56:26 UTC 2019

On Wed, Sep 11, 2019 at 09:26:26AM +1000, teor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > On 11 Sep 2019, at 01:14, David Goulet <dgoulet at torproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > There are things in there that might be _very_ dicy or even controversial for
> > some in TPO. Especially around the "fadding out LTS support for relays".
> >
> > My approach here was to list some things for which having an LTS policy and
> > EOL relays in the network is actually hurting us. And then the conclusion of
> > removing EOL relays + new upcoming relay policy.
>
> Should we get Nick to check this?
> He wants a strong commitment to our current LTS schedule.

Hi,

I made a small update to point relay operators to Debian repository
instructions: https://support.torproject.org/apt

I read the blog post and the only suggestion that I have is to change
the order of the paragraphs. The information about what's going to
happen and how to take action should be in the first paragraphs. I don't
want users in panic, but if people will read one paragraph before
jumping to other website, which information they must be aware of?

Thanks for the blog post! It's pretty good! :)

cheers,
Gus