[network-health] Changes on the Tor Network - #31549

David Goulet dgoulet at torproject.org
Tue Sep 10 15:14:40 UTC 2019

On 09 Sep (16:19:28), Stephanie A. Whited wrote:

(Adding Mike in CC since this touches something he cares about.)

I've done a draft here so lets start haxing it:

https://pad.riseup.net/p/rZ2AWu66KJKJw1gAxkrw-keep

I decided to go the "More Agile Network" avenue instead of just providing a
public announcement of "we are removing all EOL relays. Okthxbye".

There are things in there that might be _very_ dicy or even controversial for
some in TPO. Especially around the "fadding out LTS support for relays".

My approach here was to list some things for which having an LTS policy and
EOL relays in the network is actually hurting us. And then the conclusion of
removing EOL relays + new upcoming relay policy.

As I said before, my English is not to the quality of a proper blog post so
please have at it.

Cheers!
David

--
Z3U4wetHd0/q7CcvN/IW5QWv7raWtAFYa6vfb9fh0gQ=