[network-health] Changes on the Tor Network - #31549

Roger Dingledine arma at torproject.org
Mon Sep 9 19:54:27 UTC 2019

On Mon, Sep 09, 2019 at 03:43:37PM -0400, David Goulet wrote:
> I _strongly_ think we should do a blog post at minimum

Agreed.

Most of these relay operators aren't easy to reach anymore. Maybe they
watched our blog some years ago, but the blog has shifted in focus so I
am less sanguine that we'll reach many of them still. But we need to try.

And the other lesson is that once we have the old obsolete versions
out of the way, we should start the outreach for people running Tor
0.4.0 now, and follow it up soon after for people running 0.3.5, so
we have reached them and they know we care about them and then we're
more likely to be able to reach them again when we need to.

--Roger