[network-health] Upgrade your 'droideka' Tor relay?

teor teor at riseup.net
Tue Sep 3 22:20:52 UTC 2019

Hi Damien,

> On 3 Sep 2019, at 07:12, Damien Desfontaines <tor-droideka at desfontain.es> wrote:
>
> Thanks for letting me know, this should be fixed now (I'm now using
> the Tor package from Debian Buster). Is there a way to get automated
> warnings when that happens? I had unattended-upgrades set up on this
> machine, but due to an old /etc/apt/sources.list, I was stuck on an
> older Tor version.

That's a really good question.

There used to be a service called Tor Weather, but we didn't have enough
people to maintain it. It would email you when your relay was down or
outdated. I think someone else runs a copy now. I don't know if we know
them.

Tor will also warn in its logs when your relay is out of date.